Wednesday 7 December 2011

Journey

7 December 2011

JOURNEY. The act of travelling from one place to another. They say life is a journey and that is exactly why I chose to title my blog “Journey”. The inspiration to start my blog was the journey my life has been thus far.
In my almost 19 years, I guess you could say I still have a whole lifetime’s worth of experiences ahead of me. True.
However, recently finishing high school has given me a whole new outlook on life. I see my life as a never-ending journey that is filled with experiences that could be seen as journeys in themselves.
The transition I am currently facing, from school-girl to university student, is the end of one journey and the start of another. I won’t lie- it is rather daunting and scary. Leaving behind all I’ve known for the past 16 years and moving on to greater things does leave me a tad shell-shocked. Yet, I am excited beyond comprehension, having been given the chance to experience the ‘Big Bad World’ out there.

Speaking of journeys, I would like to share parts of my personal journey. It has been a rather bumpy ride, with a few giant potholes along the way, and smooth roadways to make it all worth it. As my high school principal, Mrs Venter, said perfectly at the end of my matric year: “Sometimes you have to fall before you can rise up”. She was referring to my very sudden choice to change schools at the end of my grade 10 year. To put it all in perspective I have attended 7 schools from pre-school to matric, high schools counting 3 (cue: “gasp”). I know, I know, you think I’m crazy. But I had my reasons. After facing an incredibly difficult grade 10 year, I decided to move to St Ursula’s School in Krugerdorp North, to complete my high school career. I do believe it was the best decision I have made to date. At St Ursula’s I gained some highly valued friendships, excelled in my academics, and grew immensely as a person. My journey of the past two years is one I will treasure for the rest of my life, and I shall forever be thankful for the experience. After my fall in grade 10, I most certainly rose to my highest potential by the time I reached matric. The road was rough, but once I made it through the storm, the horizon was clear and beautiful. It gave me the feeling of great strength.

Next year I’m off to Wits University to study a Bachelor of Arts in Music and Psychology (I hope), and as I journey through this next chapter in my life, I plan to document every experience in my blog. Journeys of study, travel, friendship, personal growth and, well, whatever comes my way! 
I hope to entertain and intrigue readers who will be willing to read whatever nonsense I find to write about.

Until next time,
Rock on! 

<3 Nicole_Kayley

1 comment:

Feel free to comment. I'd love to know what you think:)